Monday, November 8, 2010

Plans for the Near Future

I've got a couple major projects I'm working on for the next couple months.  The first of which is expanding my Daemon army to 2000 points for a tournament later this month.  I'm currently planning to add wings to my 3 daemon princes and another group of 5 plaguebearers.  The plaguebearers are an easy addition once I find someone who has them in stock.  The wings are going to be a bit more challenging, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to get them finished in time.  I have even found the perfect wings for the project.


It's a dragonfly that I found from some random toy store online.  The wings themselves separate easily from the body and should be easy enough to modify with the addition of a couple magnets.  I'll be adding some magnets to the back of the prince and sculpting around them so that they blend in with rest of the model.  I would also like to reposition at least one set of them to look swept back and more at rest than the default position.  I'll try to take some pictures as I go along.

The second major project I'm planning to work on over the next couple months is the construction of two Battlewagons.  I'd like to get my Orks fieldable at higher point values and the wagons are my first step towards that goal.  I'm not particularly fond of the current model from GW.  It is extremely narrow and just doesn't have the massive presence that I think a Battlewagon should have.  My current design plan is a halftrack with a pair of massive wheels flanking a single person compartment for the driver at the front.  I'm planning to loosely base the design around the Forge World Big Trakk model.


I really like the look of the narrow drivers compartment with the massive engine in front of him.  Ideally my Battlewagon will also have the wide tracks similar to this model, but I'm not having any luck getting a hold of anything suitable at this time.  Thanks to a lucky find at the local Goodwill I have the wheels I'm going to use already set aside.  They came off a broken remote control jeep and are more than twice as tall as an Ork.  As soon as I get the wings finished on the princes I'll be diving into this project, so if anyone has any ideas on where I can get wide tank treads or miniature engines I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. As a weird coincidence, when we were talking to the management at your old apartments the lady had two of those plastic bugs on her desk!

    ReplyDelete