Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Commissar Yarrick Completed

After having the model for 11 years I have finally completed my Commissar Yarrick.  I got the model along with the Steel Legion boxed army in 1999 and just never got around to putting paint on it until now.  All things considered I'm rather glad I waited.  My skills prior to the last few years weren't up to the task.  It's a very detailed model and I hope I've done it justice.


After taking these pictures I noticed a couple details I missed.  Yarrick's teeth and the text on the purity seal were missing and have since been fixed.




The colors I used for Yarrick's skin probably deserve a little explanation.  As an ancient hero of the Imperium, Yarrick has survived countless battles over hundreds of years, and I wanted him to look suitably ancient, almost zombie-like.  I wanted to give the impression that the his superiors would do anything to keep Yarrick's inspirational presence a part of the battles against the Orks, including reanimating him after death if needed.

3 comments:

  1. Bbrrraaiiiinnnnsss! And he has that handy little can opener on his right hand to get to them brains, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so there must be some sort of story purpose, but why the hell does Yarrick have a storm bolter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've got me posting three times in a row! I just also wanted to say that the highlighting you did on all the cloth pieces on Yarrick look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete