Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dark Eldar Warrior

Painted a quick test model for a friend's Dark Eldar army.  My goal was to create a scheme that looked decent and was fast and easy to replicate.  I'm reasonably pleased.  The armour turned out looking rather blood splattered, which was the general idea.  I'm rather disappointed with the loincloth, so I'll need to come up with an alternative for that.


Best of all, the model only took about 20 minutes to paint not counting waiting for paint to dry. Here's hoping the owner is pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Although red and green are complimentary colors, I don't like the green on this model. Too much of a contrast from the rest of the model in my opinion. Also, you are right about the loincloth...maybe try what Les Bursley did on his loincloth for the Obsidian whatevers. You could even replicate the blood splatter he did on it, which would draw the loincloth back into the rest of the model. I really like the look of the armor! How did you accomplish the splattery look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mace

    Perhaps an electric blue in place of the green. I'll have to go check that out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, looking at it again, if you painted the green so it had a glow effect to it, like had it shed a green cast on the armor and the gun, maybe it would look better. Or when you seal it paint the green with some gloss varnish to make it shine. It just looks kind of lifeless as is.

    ReplyDelete