Monday, September 20, 2010

Shoota Boyz

I've been spending a lot of time painting Orks for the last two months and I've made some good progress I think.  My currently completed force consists of:

Big Mek with kustom force field
Wierdboy
30 shoota boyz
19 slugga boyz
3 killa kans with rocket launchas
11 grots with runtheard

And I have nearly completed a further 11 shoota boyz, 8 lootas, and 3 more killa kans.  Overall good progress and I'm very pleased with how they are turning out.


I've chosen to go with an olive skin tone and lots of rust effects to tie the army together as a cohesive whole.  My photography skills still need some work, but I'm getting better at it.  Future posts will discuss the logic behind my color selections and discussions of the techniques I've used to get the army painted quickly.  I've finally gotten a small photo booth set up in my home office so I can get pictures of units as I complete them.

I'm currently working on an old Warhound Titan for a friend of mine.  It's the old armourcast version.  I'm trying to make it look as good as I can, but it's a rather cartoony looking model and looks rather dated.  I'll throw up some pictures as I get it a bit closer to completed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment