Monday, October 4, 2010

Chaos Terminator Lord

I painted a Chaos Terminator Lord with Lightning claws for a local painting competition a few months ago.  I am very pleased with the end result.  Happy enough I'm still tempted to paint up an army to match.

The only conversion I did was a to swap out the head for one from the Chaos Warriors box set that I mooched off a friend of mine.  I chose a simple blue and brass color scheme so I could concentrate on my techniques without  them being overwhelmed by a garish color scheme.  Plus, I like blue and brass as a color combination.




This model was my first foray into the world of glazing.  I used a series of diluted layers of dark blue to created shadows over a base coat of enchanted blue.  I am very pleased with how smooth the transition ended up.  I found the end results to be very satisfying but rather time consuming to accomplish.  The claws ended up a bit weaker than what I would have liked.  I was hoping to manage some kind of green lightning effect, but couldn't manage to get a result that I was happy with.

I would someday like to create some friends for this guy.  I'm thinking a counts as Space Wolf army would be fun, using this model as a lone wolf most likely.  Hope you like him.

1 comment:

  1. I still think the head on this guy has some of the best and smoothest bone I've ever seen. You fully deserved winning that competition. This is Ryan from Other Worlds BTW.

    ReplyDelete