Friday, October 1, 2010

On Blogging

For the last few years I've had a lot of free time.  I've been out of work waiting for worker's compensation to get their act together and figure out what's going on regarding my injury and ensuing settlement.  During that time I started painting a lot more as well as spending a lot of time perusing various blogs looking for ways to improve my techniques.  Thanks mainly to those blogs, my painting skill has improved dramatically.  I started this blog mostly because I appreciate the knowledge those other sites have shared and want to give back to that community.

I found one of my first models while digging through my piles of bits and wanted to show how much I've improved over the years.



Here's one of my first Skaven next to a Terminator Lord I painted for a local competition fairly recently.  Notice all the chipping paint on the Skaven.  That's right.  No primer.  I firmly believe that almost anyone can become a good painter as long as they have a willingness to learn.  Here's a thanks to every person who's been willing to share their techniques with me over the years.  And here's to hoping others can learn a little from me by reading this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment